Sunday, September 6, 2009

Color

According to Dictionary.com, Color is:
"the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light; saturation or chroma; hue."

What caught my attention about this gate is the color. I love the contrast of the green wall and white gate against the blue sky. I look at this picture and the color brings me joy. In thinking about this, the color by its definition, is simply the reflection of light. As a believer, I am also called to be a reflection of light. I am called to reflect the light, truth, and love of Christ. What color am I reflecting to those around me? Am I allowing myself to be emptied on a daily basis so that I may be filled with his presence? Just as the color of this photo brings me joy, I desire for my life to bring joy to others as I reflect Light. What are you reflecting?
-Danielle-

No comments:

Post a Comment